eDiscovery Day Quiz Results
For a little eDiscovery Day fun and to celebrate their hard work, we put together an eDiscovery quiz that was sent to our partners and prospects. We also offered a prize for the first person to correctly answer all of the questions.
Most of the quiz information came from the Venio team and the Electronic Discovery page on Wikipedia, but we also have to give a nod to the eDiscovery Day website. It is interesting to read about the development of eDiscovery over time, how procedural rules have changed to support electronic discovery, and how technical advancements like Technology Assisted Review (TAR) have been challenged in the courts. For instance, did you know that the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure regarding electronic discovery only took effect 12 years ago and TAR was first recognized by a US Court in 2012? We have sure come a long way in that time!
With newer predictive coding methods like Continuous Active Learning (CAL), which is also known as TAR 2.0, becoming more prevalent in eDiscovery platforms, it will be interesting to see how those methods are adopted and how their wider use affects the industry. At Venio, we are excited about our recently released CAL module and looking forward to seeing how our clients leverage it to improve their workflows and results in their cases. It’s an exciting time to be working in eDiscovery!
Take Venio’s eDiscovery Day Quiz
Are you up to the challenge? It looks like our goal of making the quiz challenging without making it too difficult was achieved. About half of the people who took the quiz yesterday were able to correctly answer all 10 questions. If you would like to try your hand at answering the questions, click here to access the quiz.
If you just want to see the questions and correct answers, scroll to the bottom of this page.
The Big Winner
Greg Daily at OPTiMO Information Technology really knows his stuff, because he was the first person to answer all ten questions correctly and he did it in under 3 minutes! For his efforts, Greg will be enjoying some extra holiday cash from Venio in the form of a $25 Amazon gift card.
eDiscovery Day Quiz Answers
- How many years has eDiscovery Day been in existence? 4
- What does ESI stand for? Electronically Stored Information
- Which of the following would be considered spoliation?
- Destroying backup tapes containing evidence
- Deleting text messages related to a legal matter
- Failing to issue a legal hold in a timely manner
- All of the above
- In what year did the US Federal Rules of Civil Procedure regarding electronic records take effect? 2006
- A commonly used diagram representing the stages of the discovery process is: EDRM
- Which case is considered to have created the idea of legal holds and the preservation of electronic data? Zubulake vs. UBS Warburg
- What does TAR stand for? Technology Assisted Review
- When was TAR first recognized by a US Court? 2012
- _Metadata_ can provide additional information about electronic data beyond its content.
- _Redaction_ is the process by which privileged or confidential information is removed from documents prior to their production.