The Best Advice Service Providers Could Ever Get About eDiscovery Software
Those providing eDiscovery services have unique challenges. They can range from ensuring data security for their clients to meeting impossible deadlines. You’re also prioritizing retaining your biggest accounts and increasing market share. One of the best ways to meet all these goals is to adopt an end-to-end eDiscovery software solution.
However, many options are available that range in features, usability, roadmap, value delivered, and many other factors. So, what do you as a service provider need to know about choosing the right platform?
Choose a Solution That Simplifies the Complexity of eDiscovery.
There’s no question that eDiscovery can be cumbersome with so much data to capture, process, analyze, review, and produce. Exponentially growing data, varied sources, and corporate obsession with security add even more layers of complexity that most organizations and service providers are ill-prepared to deal with. Is there an answer to simplifying this? There is: by deploying an easy-to-use, end-to-end software solution that turns complex and inconsistent processes into automated workflows that streamline both the delivery and the consumption of eDiscovery services.
The best way to narrow your search and find a platform that will alleviate pain points and drive more optimal operations is to consider these elements:
- Security: What features does the platform have to ensure robust security of customers’ data irrespective of where it sits?
- User-friendliness: How much training is involved? Do users (your own or your clients) need certifications?
- System layout: Is it a complete system or a lot of stand-alone widgets under one umbrella?
- Self-service: Can all parties in the litigation, including customer custodians, outside counsel, external witnesses, partners, and consultants, upload data on their own securely without having to wait for the hard drives to be shipped?
- Deployment: How long will it take to implement? What are your hosting options?
- Added features: Does it include advanced tools and innovative features to keep you ahead of the competition?
- Data processing features: Does it offer innovative capabilities such as in-place indexing, hundreds of supported file formats, highest throughput, and almost-infinite scalability?
- Review and production features: Does it provide dashboards, analytics, email threading, batching, search, tagging, redaction, exporting, and continuous active learning/technology-assisted review?
- Costs: Is pricing based on flexible licensing or per seat? Does the platform have tools and features to help you collect all relevant data from all sources to reduce data sprawl?
Learn the Benefits Service Providers Can Gain With eDiscovery Software.
When you ask those questions, you can expect to obtain the many benefits of eDiscovery software. With a well-designed solution in place, you can:
- Save time by reducing manual processes or those associated with less sophisticated technology tools with automated workflows, enabling you to meet important deadlines with more confidence.
- Realize the power of metadata, which supports the evidential reliability of ESI.
- Ensure secure processing and storage with a solution fortified against security risk.
- Scale your business so you can take on more clients and grow your revenue.
- Decrease turnover by having innovative technology tools that make the jobs of your team members easier.
- Reduce costs by leveraging technology to process more data and minimize review.
All these benefits drive value for your business, giving you the advantage to manage processes more efficiently and boost your revenue.
Centralize eDiscovery With One Platform and Implement Seamlessly.
In your journey to simplifying eDiscovery processes, what’s critical to success is that everything happens in one platform. It should cover every aspect of the eDiscovery process. To achieve this, you’ll need to find the right solution that meets all your needs.
Upon making your decision to migrate to eDiscovery software, you’ll need several things in place for a frictionless rollout. These are key areas to work on before implementation:
- Educate and prepare your end users, so they’ll be ready to adopt and feel well-informed.
- Develop migration plans regarding data.
- Outline any infrastructure changes you need to make to power your system seamlessly.
- Create a data governance process and workflows that you document and provide to all team members.
- Determine if you need more resources and, if so, what kind.
Keep in mind that this can be a ramp-up process. Test it on a few cases and scale up as your team becomes more comfortable.
Learn More About an Integrated eDiscovery Platform.
eDiscovery platforms can solve challenges and drive benefits for your organization. While there are many solutions available, use these tips and guidance to find the best fit for your business that will allow you to realize your goals.
To continue your evaluation, download our “Ultimate Guide to eDiscovery Platforms.”